Family HOTEL DZHANGAL
The owner of the family hotel Dzhangal is a master carver and carpenter. Georgy will talk to anyone who wants to know more about his craft. He has expressed his love to wood through the furniture, the carving of the hotel and his souvenirs.
You can visit his studio and get a wood carving training personally by the master.
Cultural and historical heritage
Explore the culture of the town of Bansko and the area by touching the museums, churches, the rich iconic exhibition in the old town and enjoying the monasteries in the vicinity.
Bansko is the main winter center of Bulgaria. The combination of favorable weather conditions, geographic features and modern technical facilities guarantee the resort’s perfection.
Bansko has the best snow cover and the longest ski season in Bulgaria.
The season begins in the middle of December and lasts until April.
Fans of winter sports have at their disposal:
- 70 kilometers of perfectly crafted and securely secured tracks
- 30% for beginners
- 45% advanced
- 25% for experienced
- 25 km of modern lift facilities
- Snow Park – 90m x 16m half-pipe
- professional ski instructors
- ski and snowboard rental equipment
On 1st of January , the biggest attraction in the Bansko-Kuker Festival is organized, where local men are masked in special suits, and women play traditional people.
The summer season in Bansko offers a variety of activities and events:
- mountaineering – more than 100 km of marked mountain trekking in Pirin National Park – possibility to provide a mountain guide
- mountain biking – a wide variety of different terrain;
- horse riding – horse tours to beautiful green pastures, rock formations, century-old coniferous forests;
- Rafting down the Struma River with a professional instructor
- spa, mineral baths and swimming – natural mineral springs are available in the nearby villages of Banya and Dobrinishte where you will find suitable spa, treatments, mineral baths and swimming pools;
- organizing picnics in the Pirin Mountains
- organizing traditional tour around local attractions
Festivals in Bansko
INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FESTIVAL
- the largest summer jazz festival in Bulgaria since 1998
- enormous popularity among specialists and jazz fans around the world
- free concerts
- every year during from 8th till 13th of August
- open-air opera art festival, free for the public, 28 – 29 August in Bansko
- To the Audience – with Love
Every year during the first week of July 1-7
BANSKO FILM FESTIVAL
- Documentary film festival revealing the beauty of nature and extreme sports – held in July, November and February